Zugangsprüfung // University Entrance Qualification
For your study career in Bremen and Bremerhaven
For many international prospective students, Germany is the country of choice for studying abroad. In some cases, international school leaving certificates do not entitle you to start your studies in Germany directly. If this applies, you need to visit a „Studienkolleg" and pass a „Feststellungsprüfung". Uni assist e.V. – an independent institution – rates international school leaving certificates. To find out about your certificate, visit the website „Check Hochschulzugang" . If the result says „You are holding a subject-restricted higher education entrance qualification and need to visit a „Studienkolleg" [„Sie haben einen fachgebundenen Zugang zum Studienkolleg/zur Feststellungsprüfung"] or "The documents certify that you have the university entrance qualification for a Studienkolleg" our foundation course is perfectly right for you.
Within one semester, you will earn the subject-related and methodological basic knowledge you need for your studies in Bremen. You will also attend individually chosen classes within your future subject. After successfully passing the „Zugangsprüfung" [university entrance exam] you can apply for your subject at the University of Bremen, the HSB – City University of Applied Sciences Bremen or the University of Applied Sciences Bremerhaven.
The courses for the university entrance exam always take place from March to July (summer semester) or September to January (winter semester). Please note that during the winter semester only limited subject-based courses can be offered. Please contact us for further counseling: email@example.com
Requirements for applying for the „Zugangsprüfung"
- Recommendation of visiting a Studienkolleg by uni assist e.V. (check: Application for the VPD)
- TestAS with at least 190 points (paperbased test) or 150 points (digital test) in total. Find out more about TestAS
- Language certificate with at least German B2 level and proof of taking part in a C1 language course
University entrance exam twice a year
University Entrance Exam in the summer semester (application to start study program at university in the coming winter semester)
At the universities all study program regularly start in the winter semester
These are the deadlines for university entrance exam leading directly to this study start:
- Application with B2 certificate German and proof that you have already booked and take part in a C1 language course until January 10
- Start of subject-based courses at Acadamy by end of March
- Start of exam-relevant university courses by beginning of April
- University entrance exam at the beginning of July
- Application at universities by July 15
The study progams starting in the winter semester at the universities in Bremen can be found on the websites of Hochschulkompass (available in German only).
University Entrance Exam in the winter semester (application to start study program at universities in Bremen the coming summer semester)
At the University of Bremen, selected study programs also start in the summer semester. On this list you can find those programs starting in the summer semester.
These are the deadlines for a university entrance exam leading directly to starting your university program in the summer:
- Application with B2 certificate German and the proof of a booked and started C1 German course by July 10
- Start of subject-based courses at the Academy by the end of September
- Start of exam-relevant university courses by the beginning of October
- University Entrance Exam at the beginning of January
- Application for university program by January 15.
Apply for VPD and Entrance Exam now!
Register now fort he VPD at uni assist e.V. After receiving a recommendation of visiting a „Studienkolleg" you can directly apply for our "Zugangsprüfung" with this form (in German only). Be sure to apply until January 15 resp. July 15.
Looking forward to meeting you!
Please feel free to contact us for further questions:
Dr. Christina von Behr